Wednesday, August 1, 2007

and baby makes three...

Well folks, it's (semi) official. We're going to have a baby in about 8 months. I mean semi-official because for some reason, I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that there is life growing inside of me. Also, I don't necessarily accept the test results of peeing on a stick. I'll feel much more reassured that this isn't some freak occurrence went the doctor says that we are *for reals* pregnant.

I am completely overwhelmed, excited, surprised, nervous, and so many other emotions that I can't even begin to express....except one more: nauseous. I've started to get this feeling at certain points through out the day where I have to eat something for fear I might hurl. Wow, this could lead to a great time!

Today was a very insightful day to me as to what could be coming in the near future. I was at Target with Andrea looking at the baby stuff. I picked up a newborn sleeper and realized that something that size would be coming out of my body in 8 months. Holy crap! I think the hormones are starting to do something because I got teary at the thought. Who cries in the baby section at Target? Apparently me.

Another realization: If I didn't already have horribly crappy directionality skills before, I think that our child or my sudden constant sleepiness has rid my brain of whatever skills in that department I had left. (Mental note: Definitely get navigation system in my next vehicle!) I would like to apologize to Andrea for getting us lost, err, taking the scenic route, through what I believe was Tempe.

No comments: