Saturday, August 4, 2007

growth

Jill gave me this amazing book: The Pregnancy Journal. It basically goes through everyday of the pregnancy and explains what is happening with the baby (our baby!), my body, and it also gives helpful advice about coping with pregnancy and parenthood. One of the best parts is that there are spots to fill in my moods, cravings, weight, and other important stuff I'll want to remember later.

The entries for the past two days in the baby section have been so amazing to me. Two days ago, the size of the amniotic sac was the size of a grape. Yesterday, our child was about the size of a sesame seed and today our baby's heart was supposed to start beating. Our child's heart was beating. Wow...it took me am moment to wrap my head around that one. I am just constantly amazed that within the next eight months, we will have a baby.

No comments: