Monday, November 23, 2009

luke

To my baby:

I love you.

You are such an amazing bright spot to my day, no matter how sick or tired or overwhelmed I may be. You manage to do some of the silliest things things and say some of the craziest things that can always make me manage to smile when I feel like the day might never have a positive moment to speak of.

I love that you run everywhere and don't walk. I love that you think farting and burping is hilarious. I love that you shout "Bye Moon!" every single time you see the moon now. I totally love that that references the book we read to you every other night. I love that you can be running along, trip on your own feet, and look up with the silliest grin on your face and say "boom." I love that you say please and thank you without prompting. I love that the first thing you look for in the morning when you open your gorgeous blue eyes is not your dad or I, but Rosco. I love that you put your piggies out every morning waiting for Rosco to kiss them. I love that now we get full-on squishy hugs where you grip us as if your life depended on it. Sometimes, my life does depend on those squishy hugs. I love that when you point to and name body parts, your boo-boo on your hand is just another part to list off. I love that you say bye to random people when we check out at stores, but clutch for me in a panic if they try to initiate contact. I love that you can make anything require a truck noise of some sort. I love that you kiss my belly when we ask you about the baby.

In a few short weeks, your life will change forever when your sister makes her grand entrance. I may not always be able to drop everything to play with you and I may not be able to dote on you as much as I want. I hope you'll look back on this post someday and realize that you will always be my baby and that I will always love you for everything you do. Although you won't always be the baby of the family, you'll always be my first baby and that is something that I will always hold very dear to my heart and treasure.

Just remember, Mommy loves you.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bring me the box of tissues please!!! You write so eloquently you need to be published. I am also thankful for you, my first born. Mom

Belinda said...

OMG, I am seriously tearing up! You are such a gifted writer and Luke and his baby sister are lucky to have you as their mommy!