Friday, November 6, 2009

blah blah behind

I'm currently stuck in the seemingly endless race that is life at the moment.

When I first found out I was pregnant with this kiddo, I swore to the high heavens that I could document this pregnancy far better than I did with Luke's. I think I might have posted a total of 5 times over the course of that particular pregnancy and it's looking fairly sad that I'm probably shooting for an equal amount of posts for this baby's incubation time.

Who knew that chasing, shushing, and actually teaching 29 third graders could be so demanding? Or that essentially being a first year teacher again due to the grade level switch and placement at a brand new school would be so draining? Add in to the mix an extremely active 19 month old who doesn't understand the word sit unless it involves Little Einstein's. And who can forget the ever-present belly that keeps expanding to accommodate a child that can now spend the next three months kicking me ever so forcefully in the ribs? Poor Keith...the majority of nights I'm passed out on the couch by 8:30. The house isn't nearly as clean as it should be, dinner has been forgotten on way more than a few occasions, and laundry is a constant work-in-remembrance. Is it sad that I wake up at 3 o'clock in the morning to go to the bathroom and start planning blog posts in my head, only to become slightly short of comatose by the next evening when I have time? There are a million other things I should be doing right now, and really, a million other blog posts I need to get out and written down, but-no.

Really, I need to get things in perspective. I have an amazing husband who is supportive and doesn't complain too much when he has to go pick up dinner. Again. I have a healthy, strong, hilarious son who manages to always keep things interesting-and moving. I have an active daughter who is growing and is becoming ready to meet her already-doting family. I have a stable job, which is more to say than a lot of other people in this sucky economy. We have our health, our home, transportation, food, each other.

Really, in the midst of feeling behind and blah, I just need to feel blessed. Because I am.

3 comments:

Traci Tenkely said...

You guys all look great! Keep doing what you're doing!

Carrie Ann said...

:) You sound like Christy! You are doing the best you can...I really don't know how you are doing it all, and us Women need to realize how imperfect life is allowed to be! :)

Best wishes,
Carrie

P.S. You look super cute next to your handsome boys... :)

Belinda said...

That is a great family picture! I'm sorry you are going through a rough patch. I wish there was something I could say or do to make it better.