Saturday, May 21, 2011

behind

Life has this funny way of sneaking up on you, sucking you in, and overwhelming you with the intensity of it. Or maybe it's just me. Either way you look at it, things have been like a roller coaster around here lately.

My other little blog, Sweet Rose Studio, has really started to take off. I have had more photo shoots and more amazing opportunities find me through my other slice of the Internet that I am in constant awe of what is happening. I mean, how many people's job involves baking a cake and writing about it?


Today I had the chance to photograph my first really intense staged shoot. It started as this sweet little idea that hatched in my head when I saw a pink spray-painted chandelier and now it's this:


The image that has been stuck in my brain for the past three months came to life today and I honestly loved every second of it.

My two sweet babies are growing by leaps and bounds right now. This is a good and a bad thing. Reagan still isn't saying too many words; she prefers the grunting and screaming method of getting her point across, so I've started teaching her the two basic signs that will really help all of us: more and all done. See, Reagan's entire life basically revolves around food, so the more we can help her communicate, the better.

Luke suffered through his first bout with a stomach bug this week and my track record of not having to deal with vomit came to a screeching end. It was so sad as he stood there in the bathroom, shaking like a leaf after it had happened, because the poor kid had no idea what had happened. And I stood there shaking like a leaf, trying not to lose it myself. I'm happy to report that we are both alive, so I'd consider it a success. And now for my newest Worst Mom of the Year moment: I took a picture of my baby hanging his head over the potty waiting for more to happen. Don't worry, I have absolutely no plans to share it here or anywhere for that matter, but I wanted proof down the road that I can survive those kind of situations.

With every storm cloud though, there's a silver lining. I get to spend each day with these two:


And I get to fall asleep next to and share my life with my wonderfully supportive husband. Life is good.

No comments: