Thursday, June 4, 2009

grass is a no-no

So we attempted the outdoor playtime again this morning with the deepest assurances from the hubby that the sprinklers would NOT go off for real this time. I set Luke on the grass to play with the same toys he was in love with yesterday and he ran off the grass faster than I think I have ever seen him move before. I tried blowing bubbles, putting him on his slide, pushing around the bubble mower. Nothing worked. I think he's just as paranoid as I am that yesterday's debacle will become our recurring nightmare.

So now I'm forming plans for Luke's Grass Rehabilitation Program. Step 1: Multiple exposures a week with some favorite and varied toys. Step 2: Maybe convince other kids to come over and show him that grass is not the devil. Step 3: I have no idea what Step 3 should be. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Oh dear...therapy? :) I kid, I kid...good luck with Project Grass Rehab!

Belinda said...

Aw, poor little guy!! I think your steps sound great. I bet after a while, he won't even remember and will love the grass again.