Wednesday, July 29, 2009

day one

I would like to label day one a success at day care. It actually went way better than Keith or I could have hoped for. Luke slept like a champ, ate his food like a good boy, and had a blast playing with the other kiddos. In fact, he didn't even reach out for me when I went to pick him up. It took him a solid 5 seconds to process who I was and when he finally came to me, he was searching for his new friends to play with.

Although it's still incredibly difficult not to be with him, I can rest a lot easier now knowing that he is definitely in a good place. This is probably crazy, but I was a little bummed that it wasn't a little more difficult. It was almost like he didn't even miss me. Geez!

And to end the day, we were faced with this:


Luke crying for around 30 minutes in his crib tonight after we put him to bed. This is unheard of for him. When I went to check on him, I tried to take the blanket off his face and he clutched to himself harder. Poor kid was still completely fast asleep but sobbing his poor heart out. As Keith said, we thought we had to worry about how he would do during his naps. It never occurred to us to consider what might happen to his night time sleep. Maybe he's just missing his new friends already...

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yay for a good first day! :)