Tuesday, July 21, 2009

growth

Nothing too exciting going in these parts (well, since Friday). No more head injuries. No more baby scares. No more nauseousness! All quiet on the Waltemeyer front. We did have to take Luke to the doctor yesterday for his 15 month check up. He is in great health with a few new vaccinations in him making sure he continues to be so healthy.

One thing that stood out to me was his measurements. They didn't seem like anything to jump up and down about or something to write home to mom for, but when I compared them to his size at birth, I was kind of shocked.

Weight
birth-8 lbs. 11 oz.
now-25 lbs. 10 oz.
gained- close to 17 pounds

Height
birth-21.5 in.
now-34.5 in.
gained-13 in.

Head Circumference
birth-14.4 in.
now-19.3 in.
gained-close to 5 in. (glad it didn't come out this size!)

When did this happen? I know I'm with him everyday so I don't see it so much, but the kid has grown two inches taller in the last three months! No wonder why all of his shirts seem so dang short.

On a final random note, Luke has now decided to use his firetruck as a skateboard. A heads up to Dr. Chang: we may apparently be visiting you for many more head injuries in the near future. At least I'll be able to explain how these ones happened. I'm off to go find a toddler-size bike helmet to strap to my kid's head permanently...

1 comment:

Kristi @ Lolly Jane said...

he's growin like a weed! :)

{ps} i got my signature from this cool site: http://sodazzlingblogs.blogspot.com/2009/06/favorite-tutorials.html

good luck!!