Saturday, May 2, 2009

mini monet

At Luke's one year check-up, the doctor was listing off the things that Luke should be able to do by now and things he'll be learning to do before we go visit again. The one thing that seemed to stick with me was the fact that Luke should now hold a crayon and try to use it instead of putting it in his mouth. Sweet! Sounds like a project to me!

After I found some crayons appropriate for Luke's age (or as close to his age as I could get. He's almost the size of a 24 month old so that counts, right?), we set to work. I helped him practice on one page just so he'd know what to do and then he was on his own.


He seemed to have an okay time coloring. It's amazing to me that kiddos even his age already have a preference to which colors they like to use. Luke gravitated to orange. I could offer him any other color, but he'd take orange every time if I let him.

Here's the final product. It's already been placed in a protective plastic sleeve and stored for safe keeping in his memory box. So proud of my boy!

3 comments:

Karen said...

put the date on it so you don't forget. :)

Heather said...

You are too cute for words that you make those kind of things 'projects' and even cuter you have it preserved already! XoXo

Traci Tenkely said...

Adorable. I think the teacher in you may be more excited than the mom in you!