Thursday, October 28, 2010

halloween?

I am a master procrastinator; Keith can verify for you if you'd like. I think it might even be one of those little tidbits about my personality that tends to drive him a wee bit crazy. My response: you have to take the good with the bad, so there.

I've been meaning to blog about a variety of things: Reagan's nine months, Luke's 2.5 years, vacation (yes, from June), how Reagan's room turned out, our pumpkins and watermelons (or serious lack thereof). You name it, there is probably a post percolating in my head about it. But at this point, its almost too overwhelming to take on. Did you ever let your room get too dirty when you were younger and you really had no idea how to start cleaning it? That's how I feel now. But instead of tackling those posts, I write this one. And why am I writing this one? Because I'm avoiding other things.

I finally bought all of the fabric to make Luke and Reagan's Halloween costumes last night at Joann's. I have an idea of what they're going to be, but I don't want to reveal it quite yet. I'm afraid I'm going to change my mind midway and so you'll just have to wait until they're completed. But in truth, I'm kind of scared to start them. Crazy, I know, but for some reason, I'm scared I'm going to make my kids looks seriously dumb or not put together or ridiculous. SO the fabric sits, still in the bag.

I'm also killing time before I break down and clean. I hate cleaning and my serious dislike of it seems to only have worsened since marrying Keith because I can't seem to do it correctly. He has very specific ideas of how things should be done and I just don't/won't/can't live up to those standards. I guess my solution is to not clean anything for awhile and then when I finally do something, he appreciates it. It's about time for me to be appreciated, if you know what I mean.

Well, I guess I've procrastinated enough. Reagan will be up in 15 minutes from her nap and I really should change the load of laundry or put the dishes in the dishwasher. Maybe.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Haha, I do the same thing with cleaning the house. I hate it, but eventually it must be done, and eventually, I will do it!

Heather said...

I'm excited to see what amazing costumes you ended up with for the kiddos. Your house has always been immaculate when I've been there! It makes me feel super lazy actually. Just sayin;)