Since Luke has been born, I have become more courageous and I've started sewing. The idea really began when I went to this fancy kid's boutique next to my house and saw these super cute tag blankets. I wanted to get one for Luke but they were $60! Holy cow! There is no way that I would spend that kind of money on something that we only end up in my child's mouth anyway. My solution: I would make him one.
The first try didn't end up so great, but I really enjoyed making it. I've learned from my mistakes and I've been taught a few things from my mom and Jeannie to improve the technique and to make things easier. Here are some of the others I've made:
A girly one! The front has panels of flannel and polka dot minky fabric.
The back is white satin.
A close-up of some of the ribbons. I used eyelet, grosgrain, and satin ribbons.
A blanket for my nephew Killian. I used flannel panels for the front.
The back was done in black corduroy. The ribbons are a mix of grosgrain and satin.
I've really enjoyed learning to sew and I'm excited to do more so, I've decided to sell these blankets for way cheaper than they charge at the fancy-schmancy store. If you are interested, I can make one in any color or theme combination you want. Leave me a comment or e-mail me and we can figure something out!