Wednesday, January 5, 2011

recovery

I'm not going to lie: yesterday was tough. With the reality settling in of Randy's condition and dealing with Reagan's prognosis and how to help her, I was really overwhelmed yesterday. Poor Keith had to bear the brunt of my breakdown. I really appreciate him letting me let it out. I needed to unbottle all of the emotions I had kept contained.

And you know what? I feel better. A lot better.

I realized during that time that all of what's happening isn't about me. I need to be strong and think about what's best for Randy and Reagan. Randy still hasn't woken up, but the test results show that he hasn't gotten worse. His motions have improved a lot since yesterday as well. Instead of the jerky movements from yesterday, he's starting to be more fluid. He'll turn his head when you say something that seems to interest him and he'll pull away when you try to do something that irritates him. And Reagan has done a complete 180 in the past 36 hours. Since the last time I nursed her, Reagan has had multiple regular poops. She also eaten more and been less fussy. As much as I'm sad to be done with nursing, especially in a cold turkey fashion, I am a hundred times more happy that she's feeling better.

I know we've still got a long road ahead of us, but the future seems to be a little more bright today.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

LOVE YOU!!!

Stefanie said...

I am so happy that Randy is making progress and Reagan is a happy little girl again. You amaze me Katie and I can't believe how much you've got going on. You and your family are constantly in my thoughts and prayers right now. Love you!!!

Heather said...

You are such a brave and positive woman Katie. It is admirable how you focus on the positives in the midst of all the drama. I am so incredibly happy to hear that both Randy and Reagan are feeling and doing better. Continued love and prayers are heading your way to you and your family! XoXo