Monday, November 24, 2008

the most wonderful time

Keith and I share a real love of the holiday season and we typically decorate our house Thanksgiving morning each year. With Thanksgiving falling so late this year, we decided to start the indoor decorating a week early. Actually, truth be told, Keith wanted to start decorating November 1 and I convinced him to wait this long. I don't want to be one of those weirdos who has their tree up for half the year. No thanks.

We started the process before we put Luke down for his afternoon nap, but did the majority of the decorating while he was sleeping. He is such a curious kid and was just in awe of all of the things we were pulling out of bins.

After he went down for his nap, Keith began putting up the tree while watching football in the process.

My job is decorating.

I wish I would have thought to take a picture of Luke as he saw the tree for the first time. It's crazy to me to think that was the first time he has ever seen a Christmas tree. Luke had this look of amazement on his face that was priceless. But let's be real here-I'm sure he was trying to figure out how to get everything off the tree.

1 comment:

Traci Tenkely said...

What a lovely tree! Also made me realize that I have yet to see the new house! We will have to stop by with Christmas cookies soon.