Monday, November 3, 2008

first food

I'm way far behind, but I'm going to try to catch up today and over the course of the next week. Hang on folks; it's going to be a long ride!

Luke had his first experience with non-liquid food on Sunday, October 19. Keith and I had been so excited to try feeding him that we didn't quite wait until we got the go-ahead from the doctor the next day, but the kid was hungry for something other than milk and I didn't see the need to deprive him anymore. (Really-I just wanted Keith to be there and it was his day off.)

The box recommends that you mix their first cereal with formula so we did. I'm pretty sure that is what caused the face in most of these pictures because once we stopped doing that, eating became a cake walk. He all of a sudden loves to eat. It's crazy the difference a few weeks can make.

And now for the show...

We would have to sing to him to get him to smile and open his mouth for the next bite. I almost felt bad tricking him like that...

Luke actually took to the cup right away. He loves that thing! He atttacks it when we put it on front of him like its the last time he might ever see it. Cracks me up!

No comments: