Sunday, March 7, 2010

finally

As I finished nursing Reagan this morning in the serene gray-blue light of our room, she gazed up at me and the moment that I'd been waiting for and giving to everyone else first occurred. She looked up at me with her big beautiful eyes and smiled. A full, open mouth, generous smile. There was no fan or blinds in sight, just my girl smiling at me.That single moment erased all of the worrying about her health, the hours spent dealing with her never-ending tummy issues, the sleepless nights, the vomiting and spit up, and all of the other unenviable aspects of a newborn. In that moment, it was just us, taking it in, being mother and daughter. I smile now as I think of how lucky I am that she's my daughter.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hooray! So happy your time has come too! She saved the best for last! ;)

Belinda said...

That's so amazing!! Congratulations!