Tuesday, April 27, 2010

an open letter

Dear God,

I have come to the realization that lately that I have spent a good majority of my time complaining. A lot. Whether it be my lack of sleep or how much that I miss being at home or even the status of my kids' poo, I haven't had a very positive spin to my thoughts or words in the recent weeks. I really have been blessed in so many ways, so I thought it would be completely appropriate to thank you.

Thank you Lord for letting me have a job when many people throughout the world are suffering through unemployment and struggling to make ends meet. I have been fortunate enough to weather this particular storm through your grace and I haven't been too grateful at times. As much as they talk or do some of the most ridiculous things, my kids are essentially good at heart. They really do mean well and I am thankful that I have been lucky enough to be their teacher this year.

Thank you Lord for my kids. I am so appreciative for Reagan's rolls in her thighs and her amazingly long eyelashes. Her smiles can light up a room and when she "talks" to me, my heart melts and I can't imagine my heart could get more full. That is until Luke tries to hold my hand and eat his dinner at the same time. It's even better when he gets upset when I have to let go so that I can get him a napkin; luckily, I was able to get right back to holding his hand and all was well again. I'm also thankful for his crystal blue eyes. They are able to tell me so much when his words aren't always the easiest to decipher.

Thank you Lord for my husband. Words cannot express how thankful I am for him and his presence in my life. He is my rock and my support and the love of my life. Thank you.

I cannot guarantee that I will never wander back to the negative side of things. That would be absolutely unrealistic of me. But I can say that for this moment, my mind is filled not with the bad or unpopular aspects of my life, but with the good and favorite parts.

Thank you Lord for being the guide in my life.
Katie

No comments: