Wednesday, June 9, 2010

preparation

I am completely stressed out and at my wits end right now, and as much as I try to convince myself everything will be absolutely okay, I can't wrap my head around it. I am in no way a good traveler; maybe that's why Keith and I don't go very many places (other than the fact that we're cheap). I feel like in order to leave my home for an extended amount of time, it must be clean. Spic and span. Scrubbed. In fact, when Keith came home today and asked what he could do to help me be less stressed at the prospect of this vacation, my reply was, "Scrub toilets." Of couse that didn't happen, but it was worth a shot. Between laundry, cleaning, packing, and a million other things that had to be finished this week, I was seriously considering boycotting this trip all together.

The bebes aren't exactly helping to keep the perspective positive either. Last night Luke decided that he was suddenly afraid of the dark which resulted in him waking up and screaming mutiple times throughout the night. Because we still have a monitor in his room because he's on the other side of the house, Reagan woke up each time he did because she could hear the screaming. This process went back and forth for a good majority of the night. I didn't want to turn the monitor off in case Luke needed us, but I also didn't want it to interrupt the precious little sleep that Reagan has.

Our solution? Cancel our initial hotel reservation. I had researched for weeks and planned out every detail of our trip, but the room that I had originally booked was just not going to work for us with these new circumstances. One room for the four of us might send me to my own padded room by the time our five day trip was finished. At the last minute, we were scouring every hotel and rental property searching for anything available that had a suite-type situation.  After much consideration (and with what little was left available just hours before our intended arrival), we actually ended up at the same hotel that we had intially booked, but we are just going to be in a one room suite instead of a single room. I have my fingers crossed that this new set-up will be much better for all of us.

Really, really, I do know that things will be okay and we'll have a great time. Right now its hard to actually believe that. Only time will tell...

No comments: