Thursday, June 10, 2010

rockin' and rollin' and runnin'

One of the big reasons we decided to go to San Diego when we did was to support Andi, Stef, and Gail as they ran the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. I know that they were all very nervous when we ate with them to "carb up" the night before, but I was confident they were going to do so well. After a crazy morning trying to get two kids and Keith ready and out the door, I thought that we had missed them cross the finish. We frantically tried to find them at our designated meeting point and when they weren't there, I had a glimmer of hope that we might be able to see the big moment for all three of them.

After hauling rear to get to the finish line, we were there in just enough time to watch Gail finish running her 13.1 miles in 2 hrs. 50 min. Not too long after, Andi and Stef crossed together and to be honest, I have no idea what time they finished in. In that moment, I was so in awe and proud of what they had just accomplished that I started to tear up. I felt like a proud momma watching her babies walk for the first time. All three of them were able to reach their goal and finish a tough race and I truly couldn't be more happy for them.

Of course, I had to make a sign to help cheer them on.

Luke and I were so excited to cheer them on!

No one can forget the all important Facebook update once the race was finished!

Andi, Stef, and Gail: you are three fabulous women who are so inspiring to me. Congratulations on completing your race!

No comments: