Monday, June 28, 2010

the beach...for real this time

By Tuesday afternoon I was itching to get to the beach. Not only due to the fact that we were leaving the next morning, but more because I wanted to see Luke's reaction. He emotions are so genuine right now; he doesn't sugar coat anything or consider mine or Keith's feelings before reacting to his experiences. I love that about his age. Good or bad, what you see is what you get at this stage of his life.

The cooler, windy weather stayed with us the entire time we were on vacation and our trip to the beach was no exception. Although we showed up prepared for a warm, sunny day at the beach, Reagan and I quickly put on our sweaters to combat the chilliness of our surroundings. However cold it was, the beach was beautiful. We were one of maybe three groups of people who were brave enough to attempt beach-going at that particular time, so we didn't have to fight for a good spot or worry about Luke infringing on other peoples' spaces. I was able to take as many pictures as I wanted without having anyone think I was the crazy over-bearing momma that I usually am.

Reagan's toes touching the sand for the first time. We weren't so lucky to have Luke take the same picture for us. He didn't want to get close to the water at all and I can't say that I was really that disappointed. We didn't have to worry about him going too far out into the water which was nice.

He did cooperate long enough to take a picture with his sister. Yay!

See? We do have to travel with huge amounts of stuff. Here's my proof.

My boys. I {love} them.

Luke and Keith got a chance to build sand castles too. Luke didn't quite get the "castle" idea and kept calling them "homes." Close enough...we'll take it.

Reagan was ready for her nap while we were there and I think she was actually excited to get swaddled. It was an extra layer of protection against the blustery day.

As chilly as it was, we had a great time at the beach. Luke and Reagan were able to experience it for the first time and Keith and I were blessed enough to get the opportunity to still be cleaning sand off and out places three weeks later.

No comments: