Monday, October 6, 2008

sunday: part 1

the bridal shower

On Sunday, we hosted Holly's bridal shower at our house. It turned out beautifully and I am SO thankful to have had the help of all the bridesmaids and moms. I would not have been able to accomplish all that on my own! I'll just tell the story in pictures.

The cake. Holly is a huge fan of Coach bags and her fiance' Corey has the best taste and buys them for her for gifts. I thought it would be a great idea for her cake to be Coach related and this is what Miss Breanna came up with. Amazing!

We had some (apparently) intense bridal shower games. I think Grandma got a little stressed out by all of the games.

Holly was showered with a lot of amazing gifts. Her kitchen is stocked for a lifetime. My personal favorite gift that she received was the cook book partially because it is the best cook book ever, but also partially because I gave it to her.

Her favorite gift: the purse her mom gave her.

Some of the beautiful bridesmaids and friends.


After all the gifts were opened, the moms, me not included, made Holly put this on in practice for the rehearsal. Poor girl.

After everyone had gone and we were all cleaned up, we were able to spend some time together and we were able to bring Luke out from hiding, I mean a nap, from our room. He had to show everyone how good he's getting at sitting up!

A few last minute pictures and the party was done. Holly will be a stunning bride in a few weeks and I'm glad we were able to help start the celebration right!

1 comment:

Heather said...

That cake is amazing! I am a lil disappointed there are no make a dress out of toilet paper game pictures posted(or game played). You are a rockstar at that one! look like everyone had fun!