Tuesday, October 14, 2008

a walk to the park

We had some gorgeous weather here this past weekend. It's the kind of weather that makes the 110 degree heat in the summer bearable...or semi-bearable. Jill and Emma came to our house to walk to our neighborhood park with us. Emma had a great time climbing on the playground and going down the slide once the bigger kids who were there had left. They had been jumping from the top of the slide and I think that Emma was very unsure of them. The second grade teacher in me wanted to yell, "Slides are for sliding. Sit on your bottom!" I held it in, but was relieved when they were gone.

This is Emma going down the smaller slide.

Luke taking it all in.

Emma found dirt. Can you find Emma?

I think Luke really wanted out, but he just isn't quite big enough yet. Or maybe I should say old enough, because I'm fairly certain he's getting close to big enough.

Luke was wiped out by the time we made it back to our house. When I went to check on him during his nap, this is how I found him. Apparently, he was taking solace in his bumper for not being able to play with the other kids earlier.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey you! The boys had a blast on the farm! It is on Baseline and between Gilbert and Stapley. It's on the south side of the street, it's that big pumpkin patch on the side of the road. You can't miss it! It's way fun for pumpkins! and great prices too!