Friday, February 6, 2009

nakedness and early valentine's

No, I promise it's not what you think.

On Monday afternoons, I tutor two kiddos which means I leave as soon as Keith gets home on his early days. The arrangement works out fairly nicely for Keith as it leaves him some alone time with Luke that he doesn't get very much of. It's their allotted male bonding time for the week.

This past Monday when I returned home from tutoring, I walked in and saw this:
Keith had gotten me roses to celebrate Valentine's a little early. Flowers get so freakin' expensive when it gets close to the actual holiday, so he decided to surprise me early. So thoughtful!
When I looked around a little more, this is what else I found:

A child clothed only in his diaper. Definitely a Daddy moment. Those of you who know me know that this doesn't happen on Mommy's watch. But he's cute, so I let it slide. We practiced standing up...

making faces for the camera....

and snuggling with mom.

What a great way to end a day. An amazingly thoughtful and caring husband. A precious and funny son. A great life; my life.

2 comments:

Traci Tenkely said...

I think the shirtless kid fits into the whole male bonding thing! I often come home to Thomas and his brothers shirtless in the living room playing video games - another one of those boys things!

Such a nice husband - those flowers are amazing!

Heather said...

So how bout if I love bebes in just diapers? How does that fit into the malebonding? Hehe Love his closeup!