Thursday, February 4, 2010

christmas 2009

Should have been posted: December 26th (if I was feeling ambitious...obviously that was not the case)

I love Christmas. I love getting to spend time with family and friends. I love being able to get things for the people I love that I normally wouldn't be able to. I love attending a Mass that is standing room only even though large crowds aren't my thing. I love celebrating the birth of Jesus. And now I love seeing the way Luke gets to experience Christmas.

Last year, he didn't really have any clue what was happening. His big thing was attacking and/or stealing the tissue paper from other people's gifts. He could not have cared less what was in the packages or why he was getting to tear paper off boxes. This year we were able to try to explain the holiday and why its important to celebrate. He also definitely understood the gift idea a lot better this year too.

Each year, we go to my grandparent's house to start Christmas Eve and we finish off at Keith's Aunt and Uncle's home. With the craziness of having to get to both places while trying not to have consistent contractions, we didn't get many pictures this year. Here is my favorite of our family:

Keith's family has always had the tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve and that gift was always a new pair of pajamas. I thought this was a neat thing to carry on, so Luke got Cars pajamas this year. If you know anything about Luke, he is obsessed with all things cars or trucks so he was super excited to get the jammies and wear them.


A tradition that my family always had was having a very yummy breakfast after opening gifts and I thought it would be nice to continue that with both sides of our families before the big events later in the day with the extended family. We ate French toast, a raspberry cream cheese crescent ring, orange coffee cake, and other tasty treats. Great way to start the day!

Luke and Nonna

Luke was ready to go!

Luke's gift from Santa: a basket ball hoop!

Nonna, Aunt Holly, and Uncle Corey know how much Luke loves trucks.

More cars and trucks.

Luke showing Pop Pop some of his cars.

We almost forgot to have Luke open the items in his stocking. We didn't even remember until a few hours after we finished opening gifts in the first place. Oops!

Christmas is such a wonderful time and we feel very blessed that we were able to share it with the amazing people we have in our lives. We are so incredibly thankful for all of the joys and gifts that we have been given!

1 comment:

Traci Tenkely said...

I love reliving the Christmas spirit! We also made a crescent ring - we will have to compare recipes! Such a handsome young man (I don't even think you can call him boy anymore!)