Friday, December 31, 2010

top 10 of 10

It is absolutely crazy to me that this is the last day of 2010. As a way to commemorate, I'd like to create a list of my top 10 favorite moments of 2010. We have had such an amazing year full of wonderful memories that although it will be difficult to narrow it down to just 10, but I'm going to try.

10. Being able to help photograph Luke and Andrea surprising their parents with Luke coming home was an honor. The look of sheer joy and amazement on Tom and Gail's faces is something I will cherish forever.

9. Although the Cardinals game was more of an "experience" than either Keith or I had bargained for, it was so nice to get to go do something together. Alone. Without kids. Since Luke and Reagan have arrived in our lives, we do like to spend most of our free time with them, but it is nice every once in awhile to remember that we were a couple first.

Check out this girl's extensions. She paid too much. I actually felt bad for her. She also had fake eyelashes, a bad fake tan, a load of make up, and some other fake body parts...if you know what I mean. I can only imagine what her self esteem must be like.


8. Joining Lifetime Fitness has been something that I've been able to do not only for myself, but for the kids as well. They are becoming much more social and more accustomed to not being around me 24/7. And I'm not going to lie. It's nice to feel like I'm at least making the attempt to get somewhere near my pre-baby body.

7. Getting the phone call that Andi and Andrew were engaged. Granted, the days following until they returned from Mexico were some of the absolute hardest days because I sooo wanted to start wedding planning with her, but that moment on my way to the gym when she called to tell me was priceless.

6. We were able to take Luke to his first movie in a real movie theater. Luke is obsessed with Toy Story, so when we went to see Toy Story 3, he was on his absolute best behavior. I think the dark also helped our cause because I think he might have been too afraid to move around too much.


5. Keith and I were blessed to welcome a niece, Miss Parker, and another nephew, Mr. Matthew.

4. Luke's first time meeting Reagan was more than I could have ever hoped for. He just kept repeating "Hi Baby!" over and over and you could tell he loved his baby sister already.


3. December 22, 2010: The first and only time that Reagan has managed to sleep a consecutive 12 hours like she's supposed to. And to be fair this was nearly my favorite moment of 2010, but since it only happened once, it gets the #3 spot.

2. Our family vacation to San Diego. It was our first real attempt at a vacation as a family of four, our first time to a theme park with the kids, our first time to a zoo, our first time to a restaurant with just the four of us. We also got to watch three fabulous ladies finish the Rock and Roll half marathon there. That trip was just an all-around happy momma moment for me.

1. The birth of our daughter, Reagan Rose. It was a genuinely enjoyable labor and delivery and we were given the most perfect baby. Reagan's birth is far and away our best memory of 2010.

 

Honorable Mention: I do have to add in Kirk and Brittany's wedding to this mix of memories. Their wedding was so much fun. The photo booth,  great friends, and the little spat over Keith's inappropriate dancing behavior with a much older woman and her significant other definitely made for an unforgettable night.


Here's hoping that 2011 will be just as fabulous as 2010 was!

No comments: